We have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant based within our Finance department at our manufacturing plant in Pickering, North Yorkshire. The successful post-holder will report directly into the Plant Controller and will be responsible for variance analysis and cost accounting. Within the role they will ensure that all reporting and analysis, is accurate and delivered on time and in the most efficient manner. They will work with the operational departments within the business, and provide quality, timely KPI’s that guide decision making. The successful applicant will assist in the preparation of management accounts, budgets and year-end accounts, whilst maintaining the integrity of, and reconciling aspects of the Balance Sheet.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting
- Budgets and forecasting
- Maintaining financial integrity of stock
- Maintaining the ERP system in line with business requirements
- To assist in the budget and forecasting process for the site, to ensure that the site is accountable for the number’s, and that the key outputs are delivered on time.
- To prepare and submit accurate weekly and monthly site factory performance reports and variance analysis.
- To prepare daily and weekly KPI reports for the Plant Controller and the wider site management team.
- Be a key contact between finance and the operational teams, and to ensure that the finance team is well represented, and providing input into all the key operational decisions
- To assist in the month-end process by reconciling aspects of the Balance Sheet, particularly in regard to stock reconciliations.
- To assist in the month-end process by reviewing overheads, labour and stock accounts
- To maintain the accurate valuation of stock, and ensure that the ERP system and the BOM’s reflects both the true value of stock, and also provides detailed manufacturing variance analysis reporting
- To adapt, build and implement the necessary financial tools to provide the appropriate level of insight into site performance.
- To be one of the key owners of the Group ERP system, by developing advanced knowledge of the system, working with the IT team, and problem solving issues.
- To work with the Group Finance team to ensure that the site adheres to all group requirements, process controls and GAAP.
- To implement the necessary cut-off procedures to ensure that weekly and monthly financial and stock integrity is maintained.
- Assist with annual audit preparation and liaise with on-site auditors.
- To ensure that a safe and healthy working environment is maintained in the office at all times.
- To represent the business in a professional manner at all times.
- Any other duties as required.
- Part qualified/qualified accountant with experience of manufacturing, preferably ACMA/ACCA
- Self-starter, good communicator
- Standard costing and factory variance analysis experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good system knowledge, with experience of advanced ERP systems