Rosti Automotive is delighted to announce that we are looking for a Graduate who would like to build a career in Packaging Engineering. This exciting role will be predominately based within our New Product Introduction team at our site just outside the beautiful and historic city of York. There may however, be a requirement to travel to customers or one of the company’s other sites in the UK or Europe.
- Providing customers with exceptional technical support during product launches.
- Engineering packaging solutions that meet customer needs.
- Ensuring customer needs are understood and are converted into packaging while meeting budget requirements.
- Managing projects and activities.
- Supporting APQP for new products, complying with internal New Product Introduction procedures.
- Working with approved suppliers to get packaging that meets customer needs and expectations
- Validating packaging through trials and submitting samples to customers.
- Gaining formal approvals for packaging.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and internal departments as required to understand and meet the end customer requirements.
- Liaising with the Sales department to ensure associated costs are captured and projects are delivered within budget.
- Investigating problems to ensure that the root cause is found , permanent fixes are put into place and all the activity is documented (e.g. 8D process).
- Monitoring, processing, analyzing, reporting and following up customer and internal quality concerns, queries and issues.
- Attending regular New Product Introduction meetings to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Carrying out customer and supplier visits as required.
- Utilising reusable packaging to minimise impact on the environment.
- Supporting the Design and Development Team.
- Assisting with the removal of engineering roadblocks to achieve Part Submission Warrant.
Rosti Automotive are looking for candidates who have a passion for packaging! The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and be comfortable speaking to all different levels of personnel. Additionally the candidate must have a proactive, investigative and hands-on approach to tasks; through high levels of analytical capability. They should be capable of working to their own initiatives to satisfy demanding deadlines.Previous experience of packaging; automation; plastic injection moulding or working within the automotive industry would be an advantage.
- Graduate in engineering (BSC or B Eng)
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Able to self-manage
- Ability to prioritise work loads
- Highly IT literate
- Analytical and extensive communication skills
- Problem solving mind set with a ‘can do’ attitude
- 6-Sigma Green Belt (desirable)