An exciting vacancy has arisen for a Maintenance Technician at our Canning Brett site. The successful applicant will be responsible for the manufacture, repair and refurbishment of machinery, site equipment and general site fabrications.
- To ensure Health & Safety requirements are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure all machinery is available and fit for purpose to meet production requirements.
- To take responsibility for maintaining machinery and equipment around the site
- To facilitate the modification and general improvements of machinery and other equipment as required.
- To ensure all breakdowns are dealt with efficiently to minimise disruption to production.
- To carry out Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM).
- To work alone and liaise with internal departments, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors as required.
- To carry out bench fitting, machining and assembly work;
- To monitor processes, analyse, report and follow up Quality concerns supporting the 8D process.
- To take a lead role in continuous improvement and liaise with local managers to instigate improvements.
- To undertake any special projects defined by the Operations Manager
- To undertake any necessary training to facilitate the above.
- Strong experience within planned/unplanned Maintenance
- Organised and methodical approach
- Time-served Machinist/Fitter
- Electrically certified
- Comfortable in a high pressure working environment
- Understanding of spring steel and knowledge of steel cutting tools.
- Good understanding of working safely within a demanding environment
- Valid FLT licence
- Knowledge of Bihler machinery.